Due to orkut's open nature, users can unwillingly infect their computers with viruses, spyware, adware, and other unwanted junk. This can result in strange behavior, such as sending unintended scraps to friends that may even infect more viruses. To help prevent this from happening, I recommend the following safe practices:
* Don't click on any link (e.g., free recharge coupon kind of) you suspect to be malicious, even if sent by someone you really trust.
* Never select the "remember me" option when you're using a public or shared computer.
* Scan your computer regularly for viruses, spyware and adware.
* Never run any script while logged into orkut, no matter what it claims to do. Usually you will be asked to copy and paste a code in your web browser, remember to never do so!
* Always check your browser's address bar to make sure you enter your sign-in information only on www.orkut.com and other Google properties.
* Change your password regularly and keep it secret.
Additionally, orkut or google will never send you spam emails asking you to download anything or to send them personal information, such as your password or bank account information. Orkut is a free service, and it will remain safe with your help.
Enjoy Social Networking :) :)